Saturday, January 24, 2009

Disney postcards from the USPS stamps - 2007



Mickey Mouse as "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"
As Mickey gleefully wields his newfound powers, we share his exuberance. What could be better than commanding the galaxies? Things soon get out of control, but the spunky little fellow still shows us the magic in reaching for your dreams.



Aladdin and Genie
Just when Aladdin needs help the most, he discovers a battered lamp that reveals a wisecracking, wish-granting genie. Genie can work many wonders, but his actions prove that sometimes a true-blue friend is all the magic we need.



Dumbo and Timothy Mouse

In this classic story, and innocent little elephant turns his oversized ears into an even larger triumph, imparting a very big truth: It's not the "magic feather" that helps you soar, but the magic of believing in yourself.


Peter Pan and Tinker Bell
Anyone who's ever dreamed of flying with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell knows that all it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust. Whatever our age, these magical characters will always lead us to Never Land, where we and our dreams remain forever young.

all are from the United States Postal Service, with a matching 26 cent stamp on the back
unused, from 2007

2 comments:

Marie Reed said...

Hi!

I was flabbergasted when I saw how many wonderful postcard blogs there are in the blogosphere! I have been stumbling over gorgeous postcard images as I visit blog after blog after blog. My cheeks hurt from smiling! I love finding people with similar interests.

I am starting a postcard event called Postcard Friendship Friday. I'll put Mister Linky on my blog to keep us all connected. It would be wonderful if you could join, visit, and leave a comment on the other blogs who have joined the event too!

You don't even have to be a collector to join! There are zillions of postcard images on Flickr to pick from. Vintage, postcrossing, retro, personal travels, kitsch…… the list of postcard types is long!

I'll see you on Friday

Marie

PS Please comment back if you would like to join!

Postcard Blogger said...

I can't find the link - can you post it or send it to me? sounds like fun ;-)