Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rwenzori Mountains in Uganda

I always try to list nice cards and stamps, but Uganda is very hard to find.  So even thought these are not in the best condition, I figured I would post them anyway, at least to have another one from this country.  As I can get more from here, I will post them.
Ruwenzori, The Mountains of the Moon, Uganda
Photo by Aiden Southall

This is postmarked with an Uganda Independence 1962 stamp.

- - - - - - -

The Rwenzori Mountains, previously called the Ruwenzori Range (the spelling having been changed in about 1980 to conform more closely with the local name), and sometimes the Mountains of the Moon, is a mountain range of central Africa.  It is located on the border between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, with heights of up to 5,109 m (16,761 ft). The highest Rwenzoris are permanently snow-capped.

No comments: