Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Aerosmith: Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, Steven Tyler, Joey Kramer and Joe Perry

Aerosmith


shown are:  Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, Steven Tyler, Joey Kramer and Joe Perry

unused, bought in 2012

- - - - - - -

Aerosmith is an American rock band. Their style, which is rooted in blues-based hard rock, has come to also incorporate elements of pop, heavy metal, and rhythm and blues, and has inspired many subsequent rock artists. The band was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1970. Guitarist Joe Perry and bassist Tom Hamilton, originally in a band together called the Jam Band, met up with singer Steven Tyler, drummer Joey Kramer, and guitarist Ray Tabano, and formed Aerosmith. In 1971, Tabano was replaced by Brad Whitford, and the band began developing a following in Boston. They were signed to Columbia Records in 1972, and released a string of multi-platinum albums.

Aerosmith also became a pop culture phenomenon with popular music videos and notable appearances in television, film, and video games. Their latest album, Music from Another Dimension!, was released on November 6, 2012.

Aerosmith is the best-selling American rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million albums worldwide, including 66.5 million albums in the United States alone. They also hold the record for the most gold and multi-platinum albums by an American group.

4 comments:

ONeal said...

I can't say that I'm an Aerosmith fan, but nice card. I don't often come across non-touristy type cards on the road.

Postcard Blogger said...

They have some great songs. Yep, they shuffled are on my iPod along with Beethoven, Gaither Family, Celion Dion, Sugarland and Crazy Frog.

ONeal said...

That's quite a musical variety. I recognized them all, except for Crazy Frog....and I just went to iTunes to listen. Ha ha! It's different. :)

Postcard Blogger said...

lol - other than heavy metal and hard rap, I like just about every kind of music. I have one Crazy Frog song, I don't even remember why it was put on my iPod, but every time it comes on I think of my kids and smile. So it will always be there.