Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain


Tenerife. Valle Orotava Platanear.  (Orotava Valley)
Espana (Spain)

postmarked in 1911 with a Spain 'King Alfonso XIII' stamp

- - - - - - -

Tenerife is the largest and most populous island of the seven Canary Islands; it is also the most populated island of Spain, with a land area of 2,034.38 km² (785.47 mi2) and 908,555 inhabitants. About five million tourists visit Tenerife each year.

Tenerife hosts one of the world's largest carnivals.

3 comments:

ONeal said...

At first glance, I thought that was a modern card. Wow, 102 years old. I wonder what that same view looks like today.

Postcard Blogger said...

I suggest you travel over there and find out. Please don't forget to send me a postcard while you're there!

ONeal said...

Great idea. As soon as they build a road from here to there, I'm on it! Yours will be the first postcard I send. :)