Route Industriekultur (Industrial Heritage Trail)
(1) Henrichshutte Hattingen
(2) Deutsches Bergbau - Museum Bochum
(3) Gasometer Oberhausen
(4) Aquarius Mulheim
(5) Zeche Zollern Dortmund
(6) Tetraeder Bottrop
(7) Zeche Zollverein Essen
This postcard is postmarked in 2017 from Germany.
- - - - - - -
The Industrial Heritage Trail links tourist attractions related to the industrial heritage in the Ruhr area in Germany. It is a part of the European Route of Industrial Heritage.
(1) The Henrichshütte is a former hut factory in Hattingen and is now operated as a museum .
(2) The German Mining Museum in Bochum is the largest mining museum in the world.
(3) The Gasometer Oberhausen is a former gas holder in Oberhausen, Germany, which has been converted into an exhibition space.
(4) The Aquarius Water Museum is a water tower that has been shut down. In 1989 it was renovated and converted into a museum.
(5) The Zeche Zollern II/IV Colliery (Coal Mining) is located in Dortmund, Germany. In 1969 it was recognized as Germany's first technical building and a monument of international importance. Since 1981, it has been the headquarters of the Westphalian Industrial Museum.
(6) The Tetrahedron in Bottrop is a walkable steel structure in the form of a tetrahedron with a side length of 60m, resting on four 9m tall concrete pillars.
(7) The Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex is a large former industrial site in the city of Essen, Germany. It has been inscribed into the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites since December 14, 2001.
Germany (Deutschland) stamp 2016
Germany's Most Beautiful Panoramas