Fun Facts & Figures
- State Capitol if Frankfort
- admitted to the Union June 1,1792 and is considered the 15th State
- was never a territory, but was part of Virginia until statehood
-is home to Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, D.W. Griffith, Bill Monroe, Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gale, Diane Sawyer, Hunter S. Thompson and Muhammad Ali
- state flower is the Goldenrod
- geographic center is Marion County, 3 miles north west of Lebanon
- highest point is Black Mtn.; 4145 feet, 27 in.
-state song is My Old Kentucky Home by Stephen Foster
- is home to the world's most famous horse race, The Kentucky Derby, first run in 1875
The back of the postcard reads:
Hi Y'all from the population of 4,020,000!
This is postmarked in 2009.
USA stamp 2008
The American Flag
With the Moon