Saturday, November 9, 2019

Cornwall England, The Sender Writes about E and W Germany

Cornwall
The Delectable Duchy
Cornish men claim that theirs is the first, last and best County of England.

From Padstow Point to Hartland Light
Is a water grave by day or night.

By Tre, Pol, & Pen, ye shall know Cornish men.

"Pilchards are food, money and Light, all in one night. "
(I had to look up Pilchard, it is an oily sardine.)

As I was going to St. Ives.  I met a man with Seven Wives.
Seven Wives had Seven Sacks, Seven Sacks had Seven Cats, Seven Cats had Seven Kits.
Kits, Cats, Sacks, Wives, how many were going to St. Ives?

The sender writes:
I am having a fascinating trip.  If I get past the Russian guards at the E. German border - I should be in W. Berlin this PM.  If not, read about it its the Times.  See you all and tell ole Soca, I am safe.

This was postmarked from "(1) Berlin SW 11" with a German stamp  on October 5, 1959.

On a side note:
They started building the Berlin Wall on August 13, 1961 and it came down on November 9th, 1989.
Germany stamp 1959
Deutsche Bundespost
Professor Dr. Theodor Heuss, 20
- - -
Theodor Heuss (31 January 1884 – 12 December 1963) was a West German politician who served as the first President of the Federal Republic of Germany from 1949 to 1959. 

No comments: