Monday, December 10, 2012

Ringing Bell for the Salvation Army


We realize the sacrifice you make when you support The Salvation Army.  That's why we are deeply committed to doing the most good with your contributions and maintaining your trust.

postmarked in 2009 with a machine stamp

This is a Thank You postcard sent from the Salvation Army.  This was not for ringing the bells at Christmas, but for something else.  However, I did ring bell again this year.  And I would like to 'say' a few things.

1.  I donate almost every time when I see the red kettle at Christmas time.  My husband and I were soldiers for the Salvation Army for many years and we know that the money is going where it is needed, not to pay a CEO salary.  However, there are times when I walk past a kettle and have no cash, so I don't put anything in.  So if you walk past me ringing bell without donating, don't worry about it.  :D

2.  To all the mothers who hand money to their child and have them put the money in the kettle I would like to stand up and applaud!  You are teaching your child how blessed it is to give.  Yesterday I rang bell for 5 hours and this happened many times.  Each and every time it blessed me very much.  Bravo to all of you for doing this!

3.  Thank you to each person who walks past and smiles and says Merry Christmas.  I love those two words!!

- - - - - - -

The Salvation Army is a Christian denomination and international movement known for its charity shops and other charity work, operating in 126 countries. The organization was founded in 1865 in the United Kingdom by William and Catherine Booth as the North London Christian Mission, operating with a military-style structure, which has been retained to the present day. The theology of the Salvation Army is Christian beliefs, and its articles of faith emphasise God's "saving purposes".

No comments: