Monday, June 23, 2008

Indonesia - Indonesian Archipelago Islands




Indonesia
The idyllic Indonesian archipelago comprises more than 18,000 islands.

Photo: Tantyo Bangun

postmarked in 2008 with a 4000 Indonesia flower stamp

here is the stamp:


Some information:
The Republic of Indonesia is a country in Southeast Asia. Comprising 17,508 islands, it is the world's largest archipelagic state. With a population of 222 million people in 2006.

Indonesia's size, tropical climate, and archipelagic geography, support the world's second highest level of biodiversity (after Brazil),and its flora and fauna is a mixture of Asian and Australasian species. Forests cover approximately 60% of the country.

2 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

MMMM...to swim in those waters. Well, if there weren't any jellyfish around. I'm allergic!

Postcard Blogger said...

Tracy, we were just snorkelling in the British Virgin Islands and a jellyfish hit my goggles! I 'jumped' over my hubby who was right next to me! lol - it was a very small one, but it still took my by surprise ;-) I saw quite a few that day. This was by far the best snorkelling I've ever done. We were on a tour boat called 'Bad Kitty' out of St. Johns in the US Virgin Islands. It was a great trip if you're ever out there.