Anniversary Commemorative Postcard
1914 - 1989
General merchandise store built in 1900 by George Parks, Sr.
This Stuart landmark which is today's Stuart Feed Store was purchased by the City of Stuart in 1987.
Photograph courtesy of Stuart Heritage
- - - - -
"Stuart Feed Store"
Clara Belle (Stuart) Hellenburg
This postcard is unused.
At the time this was drawn, it must have still been used as a store and a museum.
- - -
Stuart Heritage Museum
This unused postcard was bought in 2013.
- - - - - - -
The Stuart Heritage Museum at 161 Southwest Flagler Avenue in Stuart, Florida, is a local history museum located in an historic 2-story frame building built in 1900 by George W. Parks. Parks used the first floor of the building for his Geo. W. Parks Grocery and General Merchandise Store and second floor for his home. In 1913, the building became the Stuart Mercantile Company and in the 1960s after a series of uses, it became the Stuart Feed Store. In 1989, the Stuart Feed Store was listed in A Guide to Florida's Historic Architecture.
As of now, it is no longer used as a store, it is only the Museum.