Sunday, August 4, 2013

Purrblo Picatto - Cat Art in the Style of Picasso by Shu Yamamoto

The sender writes that this is a cat art postcard done by Shu Yamamoto from Picasso's The Dream

postmarked in 2013 with two Japan stamps, one featuring a Hello Kitty kitten

- - - - - - -

Everything I could find was written in Japanese, I did find some things in English... 

He was born in Japan and received a BA from Aichi Prefectural University of Fine Arts and Music.
Moved to Utah, USA in 1983 and soon after became a freelance artist.
Has a passion for creating portraits with cats and using the inspiration from other artists like Botticelli, Van Gogh, Warhol and as in the postcard above, Picasso.

If I find a link to buy cards from his collection in English, I will post it. - or if you know of one, please let me know.  (I found one like this on zazzle, but I do not know if it is a legal copy)


 

No comments: