They're a friendly lot in
unused puzzle postcard featuring a Kiwi and a Sheep
- - -
More about Kiwi's...
Great Spotted Kiwi, Brown Kiwi, Anomalopteryx didiformis, a small slender moa (Extinct)
- The only bird that has external nostrils - which are located at the end of the beak
- Built for strength not flight it has marrow in it's bones and strong muscular legs
- A kiwi's large egg is 20% of the females weight
- All over the world New Zealanders are known as "kiwi's"
- The kiwi is a flightless, nocturnal bird that nests in a burrow in the ground
Kiwi: New Zealand's endangered national symbol is around the size of a chicken and is the smallest of the living 'ratites'. Flightless, shy, and mostly nocturnal the kiwi consists of five recognised species. They are omnivorous, mate for life, nesting in burrows, hollow logs, or holes.
Designed by Rosie Louise and terry Moyle, 2007
(I love the map that shows where you can find the different types of kiwis)
unused, bought in New Zealand for $2.50