Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Valparaiso, Chile, Real Photo Postcard

Valparaiso (Chile), Panorama de la Bahia

The sender writes:
I am still making my trips to Valparaiso on The Grace Line. I have have fine people to work for.  I am in good health and hope you are the same.

This postcard was postmarked from Chile in 1941.

- - - - - - -

I am guessing the sender works for The Grace Line.  I can't make out his last name, but it is something like: Henry Lengeson.

The Grace Line is a commercial shipping company that started in the mid 1800's. It established regular steamship service, (or cruise line service) in 1893.
Chile stamp 1938
Correos de Chile
Local Motives
Salitre, 20 Cts

3 comments:

grojec said...

Miasto zbudowane jest na stromych zboczach. Do szybszego i łatwiejszego przemieszczania się, służą zabytkowe już kolejki-windy o nazwie "ascensores". Wpisane chyba na listę UNESCO..

Postcard Blogger said...

Miasto zbudowane jest na stromych zboczach. Do szybszego i łatwiejszego przemieszczania się, służą zabytkowe już kolejki-windy o nazwie "ascensores". Wpisane chyba na listę UNESCO..

The city is built on steep slopes. For faster and easier movement, use the historic lift queues called "ascensores". Inscribed on UNESCO list ..

I have been on a few of those types of lifts before and they are very interesting to be on! I like them. I've never been to Chile though, so I've not been on this one.

Seven Psychic Circles Blog said...

Nice bloog