The Parliament Buildings in Barbados - Photography by Randall Banfield
This postcard is postmarked with a Barbados Orchid Tree $1.40 stamp in 2007.
- - - - - - -
The Barbados Parliament was established in 1639 and is the third oldest Parliament in the entire Commonwealth.
In 2006 the West Wing of Parliament underwent refurbishment. The refurbished building now houses the National Heroes Gallery and Museum of Parliament.
In 2011 both buildings were designated as UNESCO protected properties within the World Heritage Site of Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison area.