Sunday, February 14, 2016

Two More Vintage Valentines Postcard from John Winch and Jason Freixas

 St. Valentine's Greetings

This is an unused novelty booklet postcard that features two children playing with toys, one a horn and the other a horse.  The pages of the card open up and you read them like a book.  The inside pages read:

A Loving Thought

Some time ago, I saw a face,
'Twas fair, but it was stage to me;
But in my mind, it found a place,
And all my thoughts are now of thee.

450/46 No. 65550

Design publisher: John Winsch 1914
Artist: Jason Freixas
- - -
Here are scans of the insides of the pages and the back of the postcard...



 - - -
Here is one more postcard...
 Valentine Thoughts

This is an unused novelty booklet postcard that features two children playing with hearts.  
The inside pages read:

Be My Valentine

Crowned with the dignity of a queen,
The valleys fairest lily I ween,
Could not compete with her queenly air
Not e'en the rose-tint can compare,
With the blush that paints her velvet cheek,
As softly to my love I speak,
So drink the health of this love of mine,
The health of my dear, sweet Valentine.

450/46 No. 65554

Design publisher: John Winsch 1914
Artist: Jason Freixas
- - -
Here are scans of the insides of the pages and the back of the postcard...




No comments: