Saturday, February 13, 2016

Two Vintage Valentines Postcard from John Winch and Jason Freixas

Valentine Greeting

This is a novelty booklet postcard that features two children riding in a car with the cupid police about to shoot them with his bow and arrow of love.  The pages of the card open up and you read them like a book.  The inside pages read:

To My Valentine

If you were me and I were you,
You'd press this missive to your breast,
But as I'm I, and you are you
I fear you'll love the nearest, best.

Design publisher: John Winsch 1914
Artist: Jason Freixas
- - - - - - -
A missive is a written message or letter.
- - -
Here are scans of the inside of each page and the back of the book.



- - -
Here is one more postcard....
Valentine Thoughts

This is an unused novelty booklet postcard that features a young girl playing with hearts.
The inside page reads:

Valentines Plaint
(It looks like maybe her valentine got away with a piece of her heart??)

450/46 No. 65551

Design publisher: John Winsch 1914
Artist: Jason Freixas
- - -
Here are the inside pages of this postcard...




2 comments:

Chris Overstreet said...

Gorgeous! I'm sure these were a little pricey back in the day.

Postcard Blogger said...

And even pricier now! ;-)