Friday, August 10, 2012

Bob Carey and the Tutu Project for Breast Cancer

It's all about a man, his pink tutu and raising funds for women with breast cancer.

Bob Carey

It is autographed by him on the bottom right corner.

This unused postcard was bought on his website in 2012.
- - - - - - -

There is no description on the back of this postcard, but the sender wrote me that this is Bob Carey.  He is a photographer who's wife had breast cancer, so to cheer her up and to raise money for breast cancer research, he would dress up in a pink tutu and take pictures of himself.  I have to tell you, if my husband did this, I would laugh pretty hard! (for the record, my hubby would do it :)

I think what he is doing is fan-flippin-tastic!!   As far as I know, his wife is better now, but he is still raising thousands of dollars through his website: http://thetutuproject.com

For a donation of 5.00 or more (plus some change for the stamp etc) he will mail you a postcard in an envelope.   I made my donation and received the postcard at the top of this blog entry.  He had on his site at that time that he will autograph the postcards, but I don't think he autographs them anymore.

As for the location - I figured out this was the boardwalk on Coney Island and that is the Astroland Rocket on the left hand side of the card.

This is postmarked in 2012 with a USA Statue of Liberty Stamp.

No comments: