Bay View, Maryland
Of Maryland's seven remaining covered bridges, this is the largest with a span of 119 feet supported by bowstring arches. Built about 1860, it was restored in 1959 by the Historical Society of Cecil County and the State roads Commission. Located a few feet from Route 272, it no longer carries vehicular traffic, but is easily accessible on foot.
This postcard is postmarked 1980 with a 15 cent windmill stamp.
The sender writes:
Hi, Finally got here. The fishing is so-so. it's awfully hot.
Virginia 1720, 15 cents