Friday, November 13, 2015

Cloud Gate AKA The Bean, in Chicago, Illinois, from La Quinta

 Greetings From Route LQ (Hotel chain La Quinta)

Like a Funhouse Mirror - For the whole city

The Bean
The artist, Anish Kapoor, called it "Cloud Gate." Chicago locals call it, "The Bean." Kapoor may be miffed, but we love this giant structure, which sits right in the heart of Chicago, reflecting the skyline from all angles.

Chicago Downtown
Nearest La Quinta: 7 blocks

With over 780 Locations, La Quinta Inns & Suites is everywhere you travel.

This is postmarked in 2010.
- - -
Here is one more postcard ... 
Chicago
Cloud Gate

Photo: Laurence Parent

This unused postcard from the Windy City is from 2015. 

2 comments:

ONeal said...

Oooooh! I love that thing, whatever it's called. I'd love to see it one of these days.

Postcard Blogger said...

My hubby had to go to Chicago for a few days a couple of years ago and I went with him. I had the whole city to myself during the day and walked and saw EVERYTHING! It really is an amazing city. I think the only thing I had to take a cab to was the aquarium. It's been a few years so I could be wrong. The 'bean' is pretty cool. Make a point of going! I highly recommend the entire city.