Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Look at My Collection of 15,000 Postcards ...

Here is one large white cabinet filled with boxes of postcards.  You can see the blue lids to the boxes at the bottom.  They stay off so moisture doesn't get locked inside the plastic and ruin the postcards.  Each postcard (except the oversized) has its own archive safe plastic sleeve to keep it clean.
 - - - - - - -
Here is a look inside a few of the boxes.  They are by continent, then by countries.  If I have a lot of one city, then I will make a tab for that city.
- - - - - - -
This is a hutch that is filled with my daughters collections, and all my cards that still need to be scanned and some of my boxed sets and postcard related items.  I have a few other large boxes that are filled with sets but they are packed away for right now.

 - - - - - - -
These are the postcard I use to swap or sell to make some money to buy other postcards!  They are all cards I bought in bulk, none that were sent to me.
- - - - - - -
 Here are the boxes for my USA Collection.
 - - - - - - -
My USA collection is by state, then inside some of the states, they are broken up by city.

I hope you enjoyed this post.  I know I enjoyed taking the pictures and getting it ready. 

12 comments:

TravellingPostcard said...

Im impressed!

Postcard Blogger said...

Thanks :D I have been collecting for a LONG time

Anonymous said...

Really impressive collection... wow

Postcard Blogger said...

Hello Fa Bienne, so is yours!

VioletSky said...

I like to see how others have their collection sorted/stored! I'm still figuring it out for my own.... some are in boxes like yours and some are in binders (mostly the older ones as they are a consistent standard size) some are by location and some are thematic. yes, I am a little dazed and confused!

Postcard Blogger said...

VioletSky - there is a group on facebook called 'This is how I store my postcards' here is the link if you want to join....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/postcardz/

WaxonDanielsan said...

Wow! What an amazing collection.

Postcard Blogger said...

thanks Wax on Danielsan (haha I love the name of your blog) you too have an amazing collection. You have many hard to get places.

Postcardy said...

I enjoyed seeing how your collection is stored. I have been buying photo boxes (like you use for bulk storage)since I ran out of room in my old postcard boxes and binders.

Postcard Blogger said...

I like them (as you can see in one photo) however, for my collection, many people have sent me larger postcards that don't fit in those. So I had to go bigger :D

ONeal said...

So neat and organized! Very, very nice!

Postcard Blogger said...

Thank you O'Neal :D