Alaska is the BIGGEST State
- 19 Mountains over 14,000 ft.
- Highest point in North America, Mt McKinley 20,320 ft.
- More area than the 26 smallest states
- Purchased from Russia in 1867 for less than 2 cents an acre
- Longest days, 24 hours of daylight
- Longest nights, 24 hours of night
- More than 3 million lakes, larger than 25 acres
- 586,400 square miles
- 1/5 the land mass of the entire continental U.S.
- More than two times the size of Texas
- 29 active volcanoes, half the world's total
- More coastline than the lower 48 states, 33,000 miles
- More than 1/2 of the world's glaciers
- One glacier larger than Switzerland
Discovered and colonized by the Russians in 1741 and purchased by the United States in 1867 for $7,200.600. Alaska covers 586,400 square miles and its coastline exceeds the combined coastline of the entire U.S.
unused Curteich Postcard